Owner - Home Care Services, TOUCHING HEARTS AT HOME, 2014–present
- Touching Hearts at Home - Northwest Metro is locally owned and operated, combining the experience of owners Diantha Cavin and Lynn Vanasse with the resources of a national home care company that has been providing non-medical companionship, care giving, and homemaking services to older adults, people with disabilities, and families battling illness since 1996.
Owner - Administrative Support/Graphic Designer/Artist, DESIGN YOUR DATA, 1990⥳ent
- Owner of a sole proprietorship offering off-site administrative support, graphic design services, database publishing, fine art paintings and portraits.
- Administrative support includes project coordination, document creation/review, presentations, spreadsheets, business writing, graphic design, scheduling, marketing tools, internet research, and website maintenance.
Sign Design & Production, SIGN STATION, INC., Anoka, MN, 2007స
- Designed and assembled custom signs, banners, vehicle graphics, displays, marketing pieces; vinyl and hand-painted graphics. Developed SOPd training materials.
Administrative Assistant, ELMCREEK COMMUNITY CHURCH, Maple Grove, MN, 2001ల
Executive Sales & Marketing Assistant, CORPORATE EXPRESS/DIVERSIFIED DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS, Arden Hills, MN, 1993鹹
- Provided administrative support for VP Sales and Sales Managers; backup support for CEO.
- Researched and created a high volume of reports, documents and presentations for executive staff, sales & marketing team, account reps.
- Dramatically increased productivity and accuracy of catalog creation by developing an innovative database publishing system to streamline client-specific catalogs and forms. Catalog creation time reduced by up to 90%.
- Other responsibilities included developing employee orientation & training materials, procedure manuals, database applications, product illustration, territory mapping.
Executive Administrative Assistant, PRIMUS DIAGNOSTICS, Kansas City, MO, 1989鹱
- Provided administrative support for CEO, CFO, Corporate Attorney and Marketing Director.
- Helped get the word out about an innovative new technology from this young R&D company. Coordinated and hosted local seminars and meetings. Researched and produced reports and presentation materials.
Executive Administrative Assistant, ALLERTECH, INC., Littleton, CO, 1987鸸
- Provided administrative support for CEO and CFO.
- Coordinated all aspects of planning, marketing and hosting a national educational seminar, including follow-up of new client accounts and education credit registration.
- Developed automated billing program to manage accounts receivables.
Office Manager, WESTEC SECURITY, Denver, CO, 1984鸷
- Provided administrative support for CEO, Operations Manager and Sales Manager.
- Eliminated 50% of office FTEࢹ introducing & developing emerging technology & organizing workflow.
- Supervision and training of clerical help. Applicant screening and interviewing.
- Full-charge accounting. Restructured accounting systems through 2 ownership changes. Involved in company audits and budget planning/tracking.
Legal Data Management, LEGAL-TEMP, Denver, CO, 1984鸷
- Concurrent with Westec job, I worked evenings for a legal staffing agency.
Executive Secretary, UPJOHN HEALTHCARE, Springfield, MO, 1982鸳
- Provided administrative support for CEO and Healthcare Services Director.
Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe CS4 (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign), CorelDraw, Ventura, Microsoft Visual FoxPro, Photodex ProShow Gold, Quicken.
MINNESOTA INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED COMMUNICATION SKILLS, Plymouth, MN, 2013-2014
Continuing Ed in HTML, CSS, and Web Design, ANOKA TECHNICAL COLLEGE, Anoka, MN, 2008
Accounting 1 & 2, COLUMBIA COLLEGE, Aurora, CO, 1985
B.A. in Christian Education, A.A. in Youth Ministries, BAPTIST BIBLE COLLEGE, Springfield, MO, 1982
- Music (vocal, violin, guitar)
- Art (painting, portraiture)
- Writing (self-published and syndicated)
LYRIC ARTS MAIN STREET STAGE (2000-present) - Actor, violinist, lights/sound tech, sets, props, artwork.
ELMCREEK COMMUNITY CHURCH (1999-2008) - Designed and directed weekly multimedia presentations; participated in music and drama teams; planned and coordinated district-level women's retreats; wrote curriculum; Bible study leader; mentoring coordinator; art & design projects.